Thursday 5 November 2015

Rudaí23 thing#11: Reflective practice

The reflective practice for this week is perhaps particularly relevant to me. As I’m writing this, Rudaí 23 has finished and I’m still not even halfway through. I’m came late to the course, and this definitely had an impact on viewing some of the things as being relevant (like catching up on live tweeting events or participating in online broadcasts with all the other bloggers). I also seemed to coincide my engagement with Rudaí 23 with other ‘career development’ things like learning Irish. The points about time management in the reflective practice definitely apply here!

My biggest issue, however, is with the specifics of blogging. For a while there, I had a fair few posts in the ‘draft’ phase, while I tweaked them, looked at how others were approaching the same material, and even spent some ill-advised time looking for the perfect photo accompaniment for the particular blog post. I have been a sporadic user of blogging over the last decade or so, and whenever it comes to the more public types of blogs, I hesitate. I need to remind myself of the point that Siobhan mentioned in the Rudaí 23 post that not everybody is reading my blog. That is both heartening and disheartening.

Let’s hope this post doesn’t stay in blog purgatory for too long.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I think the idea of writing it just for yourself I'd the way to go with blogging, especially reflective type posts. If your thoughts strike a chord with others, and you end up building a fan base, then that's a great bonus. Most people in the same context as you will find the posts interesting if they are honest reflections.

    Writing with an audience in mind has its place too, of course. For example if you are asked to write a guest blog post, or if you have commercial aspirations for your blog.

    The Rudai23 Team

    ReplyDelete